Friday, April 11, 2008

B.G.C. GOES TO COLLEGE!


SO, my partner in crime, Belinda, is leaving me! :( I am very sad about this development and frankly I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when she leaves. However, I am also very very happy because she is leaving me for better, tho colder pastures.lol... She will be attending a prestigious university in the Fall of 2008! The one she will probably be blessing will be Sarah Lawrence.

This has been a long time coming for Belinda. She is a brilliant mind, but work and activism took up most of her time and so she was not able to focus on college. Going to city was not prosperous for her and was not helping the process of moving on to a four year, which is supposed to be the purpose 90% of the time when you attend a city college. As many of us know, usually city colleges can be a BLACK HOLE! But, my girl finally fought the space time continumm(lol) and broke free! She deserves this! She will finally have the privilege of being a FULL TIME student. She will get to concentrate on herself, something she has not ever done.

While in New York(more post coming soon) we visited Sarah Lawrence and Barnard College. She got accepted to Sarah Lawrence on the spot, just on the strength of her application letter! Its a very rural campus, but it seems very supportive. It reminds me at first glance of a larger, more academically challenging version of my high school( School of the Arts), but that may work out for her because she is kind of a hippie :) Barnard is right in the city, by Columbia and like 3 or 4 other colleges, also small, seems supportive, but def more metropolitan. So, we shall see!

This is our year! I've told her that 2007 was incubation, 2008 is birth baby.lol We are growing and flourishing and making dreams come true! Either way it looks like I'll be visiting my girl in the east and I could not be prouder!!!

No comments: